Your voluntary use of the DuePoint website (“the website”) and its various services are subject to certain Terms and Conditions which are detailed hereunder. By accessing and using the website you acknowledge and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
The website is not intended for the use by any persons under the age of 18 and by entering the website you thereby declare that you are over the age of 18.
DuePoint may make amendments / changes to the website, the products (and their associated terms and conditions), the various services, the information described and to these Terms and Conditions, at any time without notice.
Should there be any difference or discrepancy between the information on the website and the information contained in DuePoint’s Wealth Engineer’s Code of Conduct, the latter shall be applied and take precedence.
Any changes shall take immediate effect upon posting to the website. By accessing the website the user is bound by the version of the Terms and Conditions published at the time of the visit and DuePoint makes no commitments to update the website and may discontinue any part thereof at its own discretion.
Information contained within this website portal does not constitute financial advice. Please seek independent advice before considering acquiring any type of financial services product.
Requests for further information, quotations or product prices
Submitting a request via this website may result in a telephone call from one of our consultants. Kindly treat our consultants who will place the call to you with respect. They are completely committed to providing you with a friendly and quality service.
In accordance with the Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008, we advise our visitors about "The DMA Don't Contact Me Database". To add your details to this database - SMS "DMA", followed by your ID number (this is essential), to 31484. Standard SMS rates apply. Registering on this database will prohibit members of the DMA (Direct Marketing Association of South Africa) from contacting you. Standard SMS rates apply.
Indemnity by user
DuePoint shall endeavour, as far as is practicable, to maintain the availability and accessibility of the website. However, DuePoint takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable or inaccessible for any reason.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold DuePoint, its officers, directors, members, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers harmless from and against the following which includes (but is not limited to) any claims, damages, actions, losses or liabilities including without limitation, loss of profits, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages and any reasonable legal and/or accounting fees resulting from inter alia (i)the access to, the use of, or browsing of the website (ii) downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from this Website, and/or (iii) viruses, bugs, software/program malfunctions, errors, failures, delays in computer transmissions or network connections.
The website has not been constructed, compiled or supplied to suit the needs of any particular user or user group. The user is under an obligation prior to making use of any of the website’s services or information, to satisfy him or herself that it meets their particular needs, requests or requirements.
The website is provided to the public as a whole and the information contained therein is provided without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including (but not limited to) any implied warranties of reliability, fitness for any particular purpose and/or freedom from errors and inaccuracies.
DuePoint will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all material and information on this site is accurate and up to date but cannot guarantee the correctness or completeness thereof.
All information and materials contained in this website are provided to you “as is”. The website and all its information and services should not be treated as professional, financial or investment advice of any kind.
Applicable and Governing Laws
These Terms and Conditions will be exclusively governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute.
This website and its application form are compliant with the Electronic Communications and Transactions (“ECT”) Act of 2002 and as such reflect your acknowledgement and warranty that the completion of the application form on this website reflects your offer to purchase one of the products available on this portal and that any acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and other acceptances requested within the application form are binding electronic signatures in terms of the ECT Act.
Please find the ECT Act here: http://www.gov.za/sites/www.gov.za/files/a25-02.pdf
Intellectual Property Rights
This site contains copyright and other intellectual property including wording, logos and other graphics and multimedia works that are the property of or licensed to DuePoint.
You may only use this website to browse the content, enter legitimate information and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to enter any, false or fraudulent information. This site and the content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. Deep-linking, embedding or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. E-mail addresses, names, telephone numbers and fax numbers on the DuePoint website may not be incorporated into any database used for electronic marketing or similar purposes.
Unauthorized use of this website and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
The user is authorised to view and download a copy to a local hard drive or disk, print and make copies of such printouts, provided that:
- The material is used for personal and non-commercial purposes.
- Any reproduction of our proprietary material from this site or a portion of it, must acknowledge DuePoint as the source of the material and DuePoint’s contact details must be reflected accordingly.
Nothing on this site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark, copyright or wording without DuePoint’s prior written permission and/or that of relevant third parties as the case may be.
The user may not, without DuePoint’s prior written permission, use or plagiarise DuePoint’s intellectual property (or anything that might be construed as DuePoint’s intellectual property) or that of any third parties for any purposes whatsoever.
DuePoint has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the website. DuePoint may investigate any reported violation of these Terms and Conditions or complaints and take any action that it may deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the website).
The website may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the website, and understanding how visitors use the website. Cookies can also help customize the website for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Third party links
Any third party links are not under the control of DuePoint. Consequently, DuePoint is not responsible for the contents of such third party links. DuePoint makes no representation or warranties as to the truth or accuracy of information found on such third party links nor does DuePoint necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor any of the content of such third party links.
Use of DuePoint’s social media communication platforms
Users may participate in discussions, contribute to a discussion forum and blog or other social media communication platforms associated with the website.
By participating, you agree that the liability for such content rests with you as the originating user. DuePoint does not control, monitor nor enforce editorial control over such content. DuePoint does however retain the right but not the obligation to remove any material from any such forums, blogs, or social media platforms which it deems inappropriate, is illegal, of an infringing nature, or is the subject of a complaint.
Users hereby license DuePoint to publish, use, sub-license, distribute, amend, update and store any and all material posted to the forum, blog or other social media communication platform;
DuePoint shall not be liable for any damage, loss, liability and/or harm incurred by any person if such harm to the user or third party results from a user’s posting to such platforms;
DuePoint does not necessarily endorse, encourage or agree with comments, opinions, or statements posted on such platforms. Any content posted including advice and opinions are the views and responsibility of those who post the statements and do not necessarily represent the views of DuePoint.
Users waive all moral rights that may attach to material posted to such platforms.
DuePoint respects your privacy and the confidential nature of your personal information.
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act you are notified that the information provided and obtained through your use of this website will be held and processed by DuePoint, its fellow subsidiaries, its parent company or any other associated entities.
When submitting any personal information, the information that we receive from you will be used only for the purpose for which the information is requested and to enable DuePoint to comply with its obligations or to comply with any legal requirement.
By submitting your information you authorise DuePoint, its fellow subsidiaries, its parent company or any other associated entities to use your personal information for current and future marketing campaigns, initiatives and programs allowing us to communicate with you about new products and services as they develop.
DuePoint will never disclose your personal information to any other company or organisation unless we are required to do so by law or where it is in the public interest that such disclosure is necessary or where you have expressly authorised us to do so.
When you visit the website or send e-mails to the website, you are communicating with DuePoint electronically. You consent to receive communications from DuePoint electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail, sms or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that DuePoint provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
DuePoint information and website compliance
The following contains further information on DuePoint and represents the information that must be provided by DuePoint to you in compliance with Section 43 of the South African Electronic Communications and Transactions Act. You are advised to regularly check this section of the Website Legal Notice for any amendments or updates.
DuePoint’s physical address and telephone number
2 Payne Road
Corner Main Office Park
+27 (0) 10 020 4500
DuePoint’s website address and e-mail contact address
Membership of any self-regulatory or accreditation bodies to which DuePoint belongs or subscribes to
- Direct Selling Association of South Africa
- Direct Marketing Association of South Africa
- South African Insurance Association
- Registered Financial Services Provider with the Financial Sector Conduct Authority under FSP 31111
Code of conduct to which DuePoint subscribes and how that code of conduct may be assessed electronically
Direct Selling Association Code of Conduct
FAIS General Code of Conduct
The registration number of DuePoint
The place of registration
The physical address where DuePoint will receive legal service of documents
2 Payne Road
Corner Main Office Park
Alternative Dispute Resolution Code
Without any restriction of your rights to pursue legal recourse in the form of your choice, you agree that in the event of a dispute or alleged breach of the terms hereof you will work together with DuePoint in good faith to resolve the matter internally by escalating it to higher levels of management first. Where an amicable solution cannot be reached through the internal processes, you will have the right to escalate the matter to the legal forum of your choice.
Description of the main characteristics of the services offered by DuePoint
As a division of the Constantia Insurance Company Limited, DuePoint is both a licenced insurer and a licensed Financial Services Provider. DuePoint is in addition an accredited member of both the Direct Selling Association of SA and the Direct Marketing Association of South Africa. Refer to the main website - Compliance Policy for more information.
All of the products provided by DuePoint automatically include the advantage of being a Wealth Engineer, with the benefit of full access to and usage of the DuePoint System and facilities at no extra charge. The advantage of being a Wealth Engineer is nonetheless not contingent upon selecting any particular DuePoint product.
Electronic Transactions - additional terms of service
WEALTH QUEST – IMPORTANT GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Products must be successfully debited by the last day of the month to qualify as paid. No late payments, bank deposits or EFT’s will qualify towards Wealth Quests.
- Wealth Quest results will be announced after the monthly Returns and Rewards consolidation process has been completed. Refer to each Wealth Quests specific Terms and Conditions for more details in this regard.
- To qualify for rewards with the DuePoint XP Rewards Programme, you must be a Qualified Wealth Engineer yourself.
- It is paramount that all individuals introduced to DuePoint by you are inspired and trained within the DuePoint system in a way that leads to their long-term sustainable and successful growth within the DuePoint System. Not least of all being their conscious decision to purchase one of DuePoint’s products and pay for it themselves on a monthly basis into the future.
- Qualifying Wealth Engineers must build their own channels through personal invites. Any placements into their channels by their Lead Wealth Engineers or any other Wealth Engineers will be disqualified for the purposes of Wealth Quests and will not count towards qualifying the Wealth Engineer for the reward/s of these quests.
- Wealth Engineers are reminded of clause 3.8 of the Wealth Engineers Code of Conduct:
- As a Wealth Engineer you may not under any circumstances:
- 3.8 Collect or pay any premium or other payment on behalf of any other person including another product owner or Wealth Engineer
- Where it is found that a Lead Wealth Engineer or any other Wealth Engineer has paid for a product within the Qualifying Wealth Engineers channel on behalf of another product owner, that payment will be disqualified from the Wealth Quest and will not count towards qualifying the Wealth Engineer for the reward/s of that quest.
- Any Wealth Engineer found to manipulate the DuePoint System or is found to be in breach of any clause within the Wealth Engineers Code of Conduct in an attempt to complete a Wealth Quest through illegitimate or deceptive means will have their contract with DuePoint immediately terminated.
- Allocation of rewards in DuePoint’s XP Rewards Programme, while subject to qualifying criteria as outlined above, also remains at the sole discretion of DuePoint.
- Wealth Quest rewards are subject to availability. Where unavailable, a suitable replacement of DuePoint’s choice will be rewarded.
- On occasion, where you have qualified, you may be requested to supply certain documentation e.g. FICA or RICA documentation to claim your reward. Until such time that you have provided that documentation to DuePoint and they, in their sole discretion, are happy with the provided documentations suitability, no reward will be granted.
CONFERENCES – IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All conferences may only be attended once all the qualifying criteria for that conference has been met by the Wealth Engineer in the time frames as set for that particular conference.
- You can only qualify once per conference.
- The children included in the conference must be direct children of the Wealth Engineer who qualifies for the conference and must be 16 years old or younger.
- Spouses included in the conference include only legally married or married under tribal law spouses.
- DuePoint cannot be held liable for any injury, illness or other negative event that may occur during one of their conferences. Wealth Engineers are solely responsible for their own and their families/guests wellbeing during these conferences.
- This conference cannot be converted into cash.
- The dates, venue and itinerary of the conferences is determined by DuePoint at their sole discretion and where a Wealth Engineer cannot attend the dates of the conferences they will need to requalify for any future conferences, forfeiting their and their families presence at the current conference.
- Where you live outside of Gauteng, you may on occasion be required to make your way to Johannesburg at your own expense. This will be a specific requirement of certain conferences.
- It is the qualifying Wealth Engineers responsibility to organise and pay for any Passports or VISA’s required to attend these conferences.
- Wealth Engineers qualifying for conferences will need to attend all agenda items throughout the conference e.g. workshops, training, guest speakers, gala dinners etc. Failure to attend may result in disqualification from future conferences. This will be determined by DuePoint at its sole discretion.
- As qualifying Wealth Engineers you not only represent yourself and your channel but DuePoint itself. As such, all Wealth Engineers are asked to act and behave accordingly, abstaining from drunkenness, acts of adultery and lewdness, unacceptable levels of noise and disruption. In addition, all Wealth Engineers are asked to abide by any local laws, rules or customs. Unbecoming behaviour or breach of any of the aforementioned may result in disqualification from future conferences. This will be determined by DuePoint at its sole discretion.
- Any special medical or dietary requirements that a qualifying Wealth Engineer may have will need to be organised and paid for by that qualifying Wealth Engineer.
- It is paramount that all individuals introduced are inspired and trained within the DuePoint system in a way that leads to their long-term sustainable and successful growth within the DuePoint System. Not least of all being their conscious decision to purchase one of DuePoint’s products and pay for it themselves on a monthly basis into the future.
- Qualifying Wealth Engineers must build their own channels through personal invitations. Any placements into their channels by their Lead Wealth Engineers or any other Wealth Engineers will be disqualified from the Conference and will not count towards qualifying the Wealth Engineer for the reward/s of the conference.
- Wealth Engineers are reminded of clause 3.8 of the Wealth Engineers Code of Conduct: As a Wealth Engineer you may not under any circumstances: 3.8 Collect or pay any premium or other payment on behalf of any other person including another product owner or Wealth Engineer
- Where it is found that a Lead Wealth Engineer or any other Wealth Engineer has paid for a product within the Qualifying Wealth Engineers channel on behalf of another product owner, that payment will be disqualified from the conference and will not count towards qualifying the Wealth Engineer for the reward/s of the conference.
- Any Wealth Engineer found to manipulate the DuePoint System or is found to be in breach of any clause within the Wealth Engineers Code of Conduct in an attempt to qualify through illegitimate or deceptive means will have their contract with DuePoint immediately terminated.
- To qualify for conferences/rewards with the DuePoint XP Rewards Programme, you must be a Qualified Wealth Engineer yourself.